Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Start of Something New

So today I begin this new adventure of blogging.  This is definitely a first for me although a lot of my friends have been doing this for years.  My husband (Curtis) suggested that I create this to share with you my latest and greatest creations as I tend to have a bit of an addiction with any type of crafting. 

As for my first crafting addition to this blog - I must start with a little story.
Two days ago, Curtis called me when I was at work to tell me that his dad sent us a package.  He had sent Curtis a pretty cool Bublebee "Action Figure" (Transformer) that stands about a foot tall and he had sent me something as well.  This was a very pleasant surprise so when I got home I saw a package on the table with my name on it.  I opened it up and saw two balls of yarn.  Now this isn't just any type of yarn.  This yarn makes the fancy ruffled scarves.


To be honest, I have never made one of these before even though my mother has tried to get me interested in knitting them, they always seemed like too much of a headache for me, however that was so not the case!  Last night I took on the challenge of knitting and within a couple of hours, I was 95% done this scarf.  It is so cool.  I don't have any pictures yet of the finished product but I will later tonight. 

On another crafting note, as anyone who knows me can attest to, I have a slight addiction to Starbucks Lattes - To the point where I have my very own Starbucks Gold Card....Seriously pathetic but I just love it so much!  Anyways before Christmas last year I had figured out a pattern to sew cup cozies for my Starbucks cup.


Once I had done so many of these, I lost a bit of interest but then one day I came acress a knitted one with a cable stitch in it.  So of course, I had to make one.  Well now I have made two and after giving the first one away - Here is my second one :)
And of course I had to have one that showed the Starbucks logo. ;)

So that is what I have been up to most recently.  I will be back with more as I can't stop crafting and doing many projects at once.  Hope you enjoyed my first blog :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog!!!
    Also love the background, So cheery, just like you!!
    Looking forward to reading about your crafting adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should try to sell your cup warmers at starbucks...

    ReplyDelete