Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oh How Sweet It Is....

So last night was a busy night but thanks to my new cookbook, I had everything I needed to get supper cooked and it only took about 30 minutes at that!  The recipe that we tried last night was called Sweet Bean Burrito and let me say - You must try it!  It was super yummy and for anyone who is a vegetarian this is a great tasty option for you. 

First of all I must say that this recipe got me out of my comfort zone but it was well worth it.  I experienced using Cumin for the first time and I had no idea it tasted just like taco seasoning (which I am sure is a big part in taco seasoning) but I would have never tried it had I not tried this recipe.


Before I could really get started I had to book two medium sized sweet potatoes and mash them.  The recipe says that you could cook these a day or two before and keep them in the fridge until you need to use them but I did only cook them yesterday.



So basically this recipe started out with cooking an onion and 3 cloves of fresh garlic in some extra virgin olive oil.


Then I added the black beans, sweet potato and cumin, mixed it thoroughly and let it cook through.  This smelled lovely!  It was a little difficult to mix this through at first but I just keept moving it and gradually it worked perfectly.

After it is cooked through I was supposed to divide it into six and put it on a flat bread and roll up like a burrito however I just made two to start as it was only Curtis and I.  It also has some cheese and cilantro on top of the filling which added the perfect flavour.


Curtis and I LOVED this recipe and would give it a stron 8.5 out of 10 however I would recommend adding some salsa to it as it can be a little pasty with the sweet potato and beans.  Anyways like I said this rocked and we would definitely make it again.

On another note - I have been crocheting some chuncky scarves that I will add on here later today! :)

6 comments:

  1. sigh. you inspire me to want to want to cook
    i loath it
    great job. i may copy this for chris.

    do you sell your crafts? you should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely would if someone wanted something in particular. I was trying to sell the coffee sleeve things but never really got far with them. I would love to do that full time though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks totally delish!!! I want the recipe!!!
    When you open your craft store, I want a shelf on consignment!! tee hee
    All your work is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say we must try them? Ok, that's fine with me. Tell me when you're making them and I'll come try them! :) Seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a place Chris! And on top of that we have a table set that seats more then 4 now so the whole family will have normal chairs! :) Well have to plan for after I get back from Vegas.

    ReplyDelete