Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Beef....It's What's for Dinner

Last night I went out and purchased all my groceries that I would need to make supper for the next week and prepared for today's lunches and supper.  The first recipe on the list for today was Ginger Beef.  Ok, I have to admit I was a bit freaked out over this recipe.  I am not one to normally jump out of my comfort zone when it comes to foods however I have been quite proud of myself with the food I have been eating and tonight was no exception.  This meal started with some centre cut steak I purchased at Costco.   I had to cut this up into strips and sauté it with fresh grated ginger and extra virgin olive oil.



 After this was done, I set it aside and added some frozen veggies to the frying pan.  This only took about 6 minutes to fully cook and in the mean time, I also boiled the water and cooked the egg white noodles for it.




After the noodles were cooked, I drained them and then added several other ingredients to them, including peanut butter, red pepper flakes, soya sauce and green onions.



Then came the mixing.  I have to admit this was a little interesting to do as the peanut butter was sticky as you would expect but after it heated up a bit, it stirred in perfectly.

Once this was all stirred in, I added the veggies and beef to the pasta mixture and Voila!  Toute Fini! :)


Curtis and I definitely enjoyed this meal.  We figured we would rate it about a 8 out of 10 and would definitely make it again....As well as eat it for lunch tomorrow.  Yay leftovers :)

2 comments:

  1. the ginger doesn't freak me out, but PEANUT BUTTER ????
    I haven't had pb except for toast, sandwiches and with chocolate....interesting.
    It looks deliscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely takes a little getting used to. It probably wasn't be absolute favorite thing in the world but it was far better then I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete